Once upon a time, when I was planning my own wedding, I spent the better part of a Saturday crafting my very own wedding binder:
Last week, all week, I was gearing up to organize my ever growing piles of wedding related anything. Yes, I have found some fun wedding apps & websites that I like and use the internet for many wedding planning related activities, but I am far from a paperless planning kind of bride. I have this need to write things down, see them in print, cross to-do lists items off…etc.
I should also mention that I am aware that there are already made books and binders for wedding planning out there, but I just did not ever come across any that I loved and making my own seemed more exciting. From start to finish this project consumed most of my day on Saturday – but not in a bad way, just in a my wedding stuff was really disorganized kind of way.
I made my whole binder with supplies I already had on hand, fueled by a lot of coffee I might add. It took me a couple tries to decide what order I wanted my sections in, but those were easy enough to move around. After it was finished, I was extra excited and relieved to know that all my planning was in one spot. WIN! The best advice from my project I have made into a [hopefully] handy pdf that you can download and use.
I have now revamped the instructions a little bit and have scoured the web for the best & most up to date FREE resources that you can use to build and create a planner of your very own. If you are missing a few supplies, it still should be a pretty low cost project, just don’t go overboard in the office supply section at Target and you should be just fine 😉
- Avery Durable View Binder with 3-Inch Gap Free Slant Ring
- 5-Tab Binder Pockets with Write-On Index Tabs
- Clear Vinyl Ring Binder Pockets (6)
Free Printable Checklists & Calendars
- Russell+Hazel: Wedding Timeline & Checklists – this an AWESOME checklist resource that I loved and used, very comprehensive!
- Wedplan: Planning Worksheets
- Basic Invite: Wedding Checklist
- Botanical Paperworks: Wedding Planning Binder worksheets
- Offbeat Bride: Checklist (free download with email)
- Evermine: Wedding Checklist
- Short Stop Designs: 2016 Calendar Printable
- Small Paper Things: Weekly Planner Printable
- Smart School House: Free Calendar, customize for any year
Free Binder Cover Printables
- Happily Ever After Printable
- Chicfetti Monogram Printables
- The Gracious Wife: Binder Covers
- Happily Hope: Binder Covers